In Rhodes there are many museums, where the visitor has the opportunity to find valuable information about the glorious past of Greece and Rhodes in particular. Some of these are:
Palace of the Grand Master
The Palace of the Grand Master of the Knights is located on the northwest side of the old town of Rhodes and is a 14th century building, built by the Knights of St. John, who owned Rhodes and some other islands such as Kastelorizo from 1309 to 1522, in site of an older Byzantine citadel of the 7th AD. century.
In 1948 the first floor of the palace was converted by the Greek authorities into a museum which contains works of art, folk art from antiquity and the Middle Ages, weapons, jewelry, paintings, statues and other finds.
The Archaeological Museum of Rhodes
The Archaeological Museum of Rhodes is located in the center of the Medieval City, on Knights Street in an impressive Gothic building, where the Knights' Hospital was housed and construction began in 1440.
The Archaeological Museum of Rhodes has in its rooms findings from the archeological sites of Rhodes, and relief tombstones from Nisyros as well as mosaics from the early Christian basilica of Arkasa in Karpathos
The Rhodes Cosmetic Collection is located in the knightly building of the Armory in Argyrokastro square. Includes objects of folk art: wood carvings, cabinets, sofas, mirrors, embroidery, ceramics, metalwork, etc. as well as traditional costumes from the Dodecanese, mainly area (Symi, Empona, Karpathos, Nisyros, Tilos, Halki), but from other areas of Greece.